How often does a commercial refrigeration unit break down?
What is the average breakdown rate of a commercial refrigeration unit in the US?
Commercial refrigeration units are subjected to heavy use and constant abuse by most business owners, who often don’t know how to properly maintain them. They require careful attention, as they are expensive machines that can quickly be damaged when not properly maintained or used for extended periods without being cleaned and/or inspected for wear and tear.
Refrigerators for commercial businesses have a high failure rate because they are usually used in a harsh environment, which tends to accelerate wear and tear on the machine’s parts and internal components. The problem with this is that these machines are expensive enough that you can’t just replace them at any time. You need to ensure that they last as long as possible so as not to waste money on replacements unnecessarily or risk finding yourself without an operational unit during a busy time of year when sales are at their highest, or when an important event is coming up and your customers demand fresh goods for sale at all times of day or night.
What are some of the common problems when commercial refrigerator components break down?
Commercial refrigerator components break down from time to time. We are a commercial refrigeration contractor and have seen it all. Your refrigerator could be losing a lot of its cold air due to a faulty component. Let’s look at some common problems when your commercial refrigerator components break down.
- Evaporator fan motor not running.
- Compressor won’t start or run.
- Low refrigerant.
- Not cooling down.
- Dirty condenser.
- Damaged defrost timer or control board.
- Water leaks on the floor.
- Temperature is too high or too low.
- Condensate pan is full of water.
- Leaky water inlet valve.
These are just some of the most common commercial refrigeration problems that you can look for when your refrigerator components break down. These problems need immediate repair. And to ensure optimum performance of your refrigerators, make sure to opt for commercial refrigeration maintenance.
What are some of the most common reasons for the refrigeration system to break down?
- Refrigerant leaks – Leaks of the refrigerant gas can cause a variety of problems. It includes compressor burnout, reduced efficiency, and even safety concerns.
- Compressor failure – The compressor is the heart of any refrigerator or freezer. If it fails then the unit will no longer be able to keep products cold or frozen.
- Evaporator failure – This is where the cold air enters into the unit. Then the cold air is blown through coils so it can be cooled before being blown into the cabinet. If this part fails then warm air will enter which defeats the purpose of having a refrigerator in the first place.
- Thermostat failure – If a thermostat stops working properly then this could cause temperatures in a commercial refrigerator to rise above safe levels. It could also cause frost build-up on coils which prevents them from working properly.
If I am having a commercial refrigeration problem, who should I call?
The best way to address issues with your commercial refrigeration units is to contact a licensed refrigeration technician. If you do not know of anyone in your area, then check out Advanced Commercial Group, Inc. We will come out to your location and perform a thorough evaluation of your refrigeration system. This includes inspecting all aspects of the system for problems such as leaks and blockages in the condenser coils, which may cause the unit not to cool properly; evaluating any issues related to maintenance such as dirty filters or coils; measuring voltages on components within the system; and testing compressor operation using a pressure gauge on each side of both compressors if there are two.
Leave a Reply